ENGLAND Golf has updated and extended its list of postponed championships to now include all events up until week commencing July 27, 2020.
As always, England Golf’s priority when taking decisions at this time is to assist the national effort to combat the threat of the COVID-19 outbreak and ensure we protect our NHS and save lives.
With golf courses now closed until further notice and restrictions for travel and public life in place for an indefinite period, England Golf has taken the pragmatic decision on the postponement of events beyond our original date of 7 June.
The following England Golf championships have been added to the postponed list:
• English Senior Women’s Stroke Play – Abbeydale, 16-18 June
• England Golf Medal – The Kendleshire, 17 June
• Golf Captains – Broadway, 17 June
• England Golf Medal – Drayton Park, 21 June
• England Golf Medal – Brancepeth Castle, 25 June
• Golf Captains – Moortown, 30 June
• Logan Trophy – Sand Moor, 3-5 July
• Senior Series and Golf Captains – South Staffs, 7-8 July
• English Schools’ Team Championship – Woodhall Spa, 8 July
• McGregor Trophy – Heworth, 14-16 July
• English Girls’ Open Championship – Sandy Lodge, 21-23 July
• Carris Trophy – St George’s Hill, 21-24 July
• Golf Captains – Piltdown, 22 July
For a complete breakdown of all postponements from present date until week commencing 27 July, please click here
It remains England Golf’s intention to try and re-schedule as many of these postponed events as possible. This is, of course, a fluid situation and clarification will be provided in due course.
James Crampton, director of championships, said: “It is with regret that we have had to extend the list of postponed England Golf events as we all adhere to the expert advice and necessary measures now in place to combat the spread of coronavirus.
“All England Golf championships have now been postponed until week commencing 27 July. We will continue to regularly review our championship plans beyond this date.
“If possible, we aim to re-schedule some of our postponed events and will provide information as and when it is practicable to do so.
“There are a number of intricacies associated with championship golf which need to be considered well in advance of any event taking place and these, as much as golf courses being open for play, are key factors in our decision-making.”
Any player already registered for a postponed England Golf event will be contacted directly by the Championship department.
In addition to championships, all England Golf regional and national squad coaching sessions for men, women, boys and girls remain cancelled until further notice.
Individual coaching sessions – apart from those done remotely by video call – have also been cancelled.
Events relating to championships and performance squads remain under constant review and timely updates will be issued via our website and social media platforms.